Dr. Anna Mavroudi
Short bioEducationAchievements and AwardsResearch interestsPublicationsProjectsProfessional experience
Dr Anna Mavroudi is a researcher in educational technology. She has a Doctoral degree on Εducational Τechnology by the Open University of Cyprus, a Master’s degree on Information Systems (thesis title: “Development of an eLearning system”) by the Hellenic Open University and a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics by the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece). She has worked as an educator in both school education and higher education, as an adult trainer, as an instructional designer, as a knowledge engineer and as a researcher, in both the private and the public domain. She has more than twenty publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals and international conferences in the field. Since 2007, she has participated in several national and European research programs related to e-Learning and innovative pedagogies. Her research interests include: e-Learning, adaptive learning, teachers as designers and STEM curriculum development via e-Learning methods. She is a certified adult trainer by the Human Resources Development Authority (HRDA) of Cyprus. Mavroudi is also a recipient of an ERCIM (European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics) research fellowship.
- B.Sc. – Mathematics, Aristolte University of Thessaloniki, 2003
- M.Sc. – Information Systems, Hellenic Open University, 2007
- Ph.D. – Information and Communication Systems, Title: Teachers as Designers of Adaptive Learning, Open University of Cyprus, 2015
- Adaptive Learning
- Teachers as designers
- STEM curriculum development via e-Learning methods
- Mavroudi, Anna, and Thanasis Hadzilacos. 2012. “Broadening the Use of E-Learning Standards for Adaptive Learning.” Advances in Web-Based Learning – ICWL 2012, Lecture Notes in Computer Science.7558: 215-221.
- Xenos, Michalis, Anna Mavroudi, Dionisis Karaiskakis, George Birbilis, Dimitris Glezos, and Dionisis Zafeiropoulos. 2012. “The Development of an Institutional Repository Service for a Large Distance Education University.” In Proceedings of the EADTU 25th Anniversary Conference: the Role of Open and Flexible Education in European Higher Education Systems for 2020: New Models, New Markets, New Media. Pafos, Cyprus, September 27-28.
- Mavroudi, Anna, and Thanasis Hadzilacos. 2012. “Implementation of Adaptive Learning Designs.” Annals of the University of Craiova Series: Automation, Computers, Electronics and Mechatronics 9(36):18-24.
- Mavroudi, Anna, and Thanasis Hadzilacos. 2013. “Learning Needs Analysis of Collaborative E-classes in Semi-formal Settings: the REVIT Example.” The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning –IRRODL 14(5):212-239.
- Mavroudi, Anna, and Thanasis Hadzilacos. 2013. “Group-Work in the Design of Complex Adaptive Learning Strategies.” Journal of Interactive Media in Education-JIME. doi:http://doi.org/10.5334/2013-11.
- Mavroudi, Anna, Thanasis Hadzilacos, Panagiota Panteli, and Anna Aristodemou. 2014. “Integration of Theory, ICT Tooling and Practical Wisdom of Teacher: A Case of Adaptive Learning.” Advances in Web-Based Learning – ICWL 2014, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 8613:152-158.
- Mavroudi, Anna, Thanasis Hadzilacos, Dimitris Kalles, and Andreas Gregoriades. 2015. “Teacher-Led Design of an Adaptive Learning Environment.” Interactive Learning Environments. doi:10.1080/10494820.2015.1073747.
- Angeli, Charoula, Nicos Valanides, Anna Mavroudi, Andri Christodoulou, and Kyriakoula Georgiou. 2015. “Introducing e-TPCK: An Adaptive E-Learning Technology for the Development of Teachers’ Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge.” In Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge, edited by Charoula Angeli and Nicos Valanides, 305-317. New York: Springer Science+Business Media.
- Mavroudi, Anna, and Thanasis Hadzilacos. 2015. “Historical Overview of Adaptive Elearning Approaches Focusing on the Underlying Pedagogy.” In the 2nd International Conference on Smart Learning Environments. Sinaia, Romania, September 23-25.
- Angeli, Charoula, Anna Mavroudi, and Andri Christodoulou. 2015. e-TPCK: An Adaptive E-Learning Technology for the Development of Teachers’ Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge.” In Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference. Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, March 2-6.
- Mavroudi, Anna, Miltos Miltiadous, Paul Libbrecht, Wolfgang Müller, Thanasis Hadzilacos, Nuno Otero, Karl Barth, and Koula Georgiou. 2016. “Let Me Do it: Towards the Implementation of Sustainable Instructional Patterns.” Poster presented at the 16th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, ICALT 16, Austin, Texas, July 25-28.
- Hellenic Open University online institutional repository service (Dspace@HOU, 2007-08). Research Technician:Analysis, development, implementation and technical support.
- Stimulation of eLearning for life long learning for adults (Stellla 2.0, 2009-11). Researcher:Improvement of the learning process of adults by introducing web based and mobile learning methods in their learning path, development of podcasts and wikis.
- Adaptive and Trusted Ambient Ecologies (ATRACO, 2008). Knowledge Engineer.
- Changing attitudes of adults (parents) on internet-related risks for young adolescents (InetRisks, 2009-10). Research and instructional design, Co-design and development of online collaborative activities, Administrative/managerial and dissemination tasks.
- Revitalizing small remote schools for lifelong distance e- learning (REVIT, 2009-10). Research and Instructional design for e-learning, distance learning and adult learning, Administrative/managerial and dissemination tasks.
- Enabled Education for Sustainable Development (ICTeSD-ICT, 2011). Educational design in e-learning.
- OpenSOA: context-aware system for mobile learning (2011-14). Research on adaptation and personalisation methods in eLearning and instructional design, Administrative/managerial and dissemination tasks.
- Open Discovery Space (ODS, 2012-15). Educational design, scenarios design and development, fostering (online) communities of teachers, Administrative/managerial and dissemination tasks.
- Empowering the School IT infrastructures for the implementation of Sustainable Instructional Patterns (eSIT4SIP, Erasmus+,2015-18). Senior researcher.
- 2003 – 2010. Self-employed mathematician (Greece)
- 2003 – 2007. Ministry of Education. Teaching staff in high schools (Greece)
- 2005 – 2007. Tuition Centre ‘2002’ Ltd. Teaching mathematics in a private tuition centre (Greece)
- 2007 – 2009. Hellenic College Ltd. Instructional design and mathematics teaching (Greece)
- 2009 – 2015. Doctoral researcher at Open University of Cyprus – Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences
- 2009 – present. Researcher and Senior Researcher in various research projects – Open University of Cyprus, Hellenic Open University, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- 2009 – present. Research fellow and Postdoctoral fellow at Educational Technology Lab – Open University of Cyprus
- 2012 – 2013. Teaching assistant in the course PES 630 Learning Design & Design of Educational Software -Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences, Open University of Cyprus
- 2012 – 2013. Teaching undergraduate courses: EPA138 Educational technology, EPA139 Computers in the preschool education and Teaching assistant – Department of Education, University of Cyprus
- 2013. Teaching courses: EPA139 Computers in the preschool education and Teaching assistant – Department of Education, University of Cyprus
- 2015. Teaching a postgraduate course: EPA643 ICT-infused curriculum development – Department of Education, University of Cyprus
- 2015 – present. ERCIM Postdoctoral fellow – Department of Computer and Information Science, Norwegian University of Science and Technology