Short bioEducationAchievements and AwardsResearch interestsPublicationsProjectsProfessional experience
Koula is currently a Ph.D. candidate of Instructional Technology in the Department of Education at the University of Cyprus and a special scientist at the Open University of Cyprus. She has been a special scientist in the Department of Education at the University of Cyprus between 2011-2015. Koula has taught various courses of Educational Technology such as Educational Technology, Computer-Aided Learning in Kindergarten, Educational Robotics and Web 2.0 Tools and Learning to preservise teachers. Also, she has been a special scientist at the Open University of Cyprus for the Project “Open Discovery Space: A socially-powered and multilingual open learning infrastructure to boost the adoption of e-Learning resources” between 2013-2015. She has completed her undergraduate at the University of Crete (Bachelor of Mathematics, 2003) and her postgraduate studies at the University of Patras (MA in Information Communication and Technologies in Education, 2006). Koula’s research interests include the design of learning environments with educational technologies in K-12, the development of teachers’ technological pedagogical content knowledge, teacher training, teacher expertise, adaptive e-learning environments and scaffold of learning in electronic learning environments as well as educational robotics in education.
- Degree – Mathematics, University of Crete, 2003
- M.A. – Information and Communication Technologies in Education, University of Patras, 2006
- Ph.D. candidate – Pedagogical Sciences, University of Cyprus, 2011-present
- Institute of International Education-USA, Scholarship, 1999-2003
- Institute of International Education-USA, Scholarship, 2005-2006
- American Educational Research Association-AERA, Conference Travel Award, 2013
- Design of learning environments with educational technologies in K-12
- Development of teachers’ technological pedagogical content knowledge, teacher training and teacher expertise
- Adaptive e-learning environments
- Scaffold of learning in electronic learning environments
- Educational robotics in education
- Mavroudi, Anna, Charoula Angeli, Kyriakoula Georgiou. 2013. “An E-Learning Adaptive System for Teaching Teachers How to Teach with Technology: A Perspective from Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge.” In Proceedings of 2nd International Workshop on Teaching Analytics-IWTA’13. Leuven, Belgium, April 8-12.
- Angeli, Charoula, Nicos Valanides, and Kyriakoula Georgiou. 2013. “Learning how to Teach with Spreadsheets: A Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge Perspective.” In Proceedings of American Educational Research Association-AERA Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA, USA, April 27- May 01.
- Georgiou, Kyriakoula, Thanasis Hadzilacos, Alexandros Kofteros, and Anna Mavroudi. 2015. “Supporting ODS Schools in Cyprus: Experience of a National Coordinator.” In Proceedings of Open Discovery Conference: Transforming Schools into Innovative Learning Organizations (EDEN Annual Conference). Athens, Greece, September 18-21.
- Angeli, Charoula, Nicos Valanides, Anna Mavroudi, Andri Christodoulou, and Kyriakoula Georgiou. 2015. “Introducing e-TPCK: An Adaptive E-Learning Technology for the Development of Teachers’ Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge.” In Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge, edited by Charoula Angeli and Nicos Valanides, 305-317. New York: Springer Science+Business Media.
- Mavroudi, Anna, Miltos Miltiadous, Paul Libbrecht, Wolfgang Müller, Thanasis Hadzilacos, Nuno Otero, Karl Barth, and Koula Georgiou. 2016. “Let Me Do it: Towards the Implementation of Sustainable Instructional Patterns.” Poster presented at the 16th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, ICALT 16, Austin, Texas, July 25-28.
- A Teacher Training Primary and Secondary Education in using ICT in Educational Teaching Process (Computer Technology Institute-CTI, 2005-2006). Researcher.
- Open Discovery Space: A socially-powered and multilingual open learning infrastructure to boost the adoption of eLearning resources (ODS, 2013-2015). Special Scientist: a) development of educational material for the needs of ODS platform, b) Support of teachers of primary and secondary education with their enrollment to the project.
- Empowering the School IT infrastructures for the implementation of Sustainable Instructional Patterns (eSIT4SIP, Erasmus+,2015-2018). Special Scientist: a) Researcher in Educational Technology, b) workshops preparation, c) support of teachers of primary and secondary education with their enrollment to the project, d) participating schools’ lessons observation.
- 2005-2006. Researcher in a Teacher Training Primary and Secondary Education in using ICT in Educational Teaching Process project – CTI (Computer Technology Institute) Patras, Greece
- 2007-2009. Mathematics teacher. Pascal Private School Larnaka, Cyprus
- 2009-2011. Self-employed mathematician of secondary education
- 2011-2013. Lab instructor at the Faculty of Social Studies and Education, Department of Education for the courses Educational Technology and Computer-Aided Learning in Kindergarten- University of Cyprus
- 2013-2015. Special scientist in Open Discovery Space (ODS) project – Open University of Cyprus
- 2013-2015. Special scientist at the Faculty of Social Studies and Education, Department of Education for the courses of Educational Technology – University of Cyprus
- 2015- present. Special scientist in eSIT4SIP Erasmus+ project – Open University of Cyprus