Short bioEducationAchievements and AwardsResearch interestsPublicationsProjectsProfessional experience
Eleni is a doctoral candidate in Information and Communication Systems program at Open University of Cyprus. She holds a Master of Arts in Information Technology in Education from University of Reading (U.K). She also holds a postgraduate specialization certification in the ‘Pedagogical Use of ICT in Greek Secondary Education’ from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Greece) and an ICT secondary teachers’ trainer certification from University of Thessalia. She has been working as a Secondary Teacher of Greek Language and Literature in state secondary schools and has been an ICT trainer in Greece for 16 years. Has been cooperated with the Educational Policy Institute (I.E.P.-supervised by the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs) as teachers’ trainer in the pilot application of new Greek Language Curriculum for High School and as a language specialist for the preparation of the Teacher’s Guide in Lyceum. Eleni’s current research interests are around Technology, Pedagogy and Content Knowledge (TPACK), web-based e-learning language instruction and Problem Based Learning, as her doctoral research work concerns educational technologies and, more specifically, whether a technical problem based, web supported, especially designed for secondary vocational students e-course can essentially and positively affect their linguistic and writing ability.
- Degree – Philology, University of Ioannina, 1993
- M.A. – Information Technology in Education, University of Reading, 1999
- Ph.D. candidate – Information and Communication Systems, Open University of Cyprus, 2009-present
- Excellence Award-Master award for Distinction. Master of Arts in Information Technology in Education of University of Reading, 1999.
- Technology, Pedagogy and Content Knowledge (TPACK)
- Web-based e-learning language instruction
- Problem Based Learning
- E-learning platforms – LMS
- Instructional Web design
- Vocational education
- Web applications, digital educational tools
- Papantoniou, Eleni. 2001. “The Difficulty of Definition Giving.” In Proceedings of the 1st Panhellenic Conference on The utilization of ICT in Teaching Practices. Syros, Greece, May 11-13.
- Papantoniou, Eleni. 2013. “An Intertextual Reading of Manolis Anagnostakis – ‘To my Child … I Speak’.” A paper presented at the 10th Panhellenic Conference of the Scientific Association of Primary Education for the Dissemination of ICT in Education:The Education in the ICT Era, 1000. Athens, Greece, October 19-20.
- Papantoniou, Eleni. 2013. “The Digital Platforms of the Acropolis Museum as a Basis for New Literacies in Modern Greek Language Teaching.” A paper presented at the 10th Panhellenic Conference of the Scientific Association of Primary Education for the Dissemination of ICT in Education:The Education in the ICT Era, 1072. Athens, Greece, October 19-20.
- Papantoniou, Eleni, and Thanasis Hadzilacos. 2015. “Technology Pedagogy and Content in Web-Based Language Instruction for Secondary Vocational Students.” The European Journal of Educational Sciences –EJES 2(4). doi:10.19044/ejes.v2no4a1.
- Papantoniou, Eleni, and Thanasis Hadzilacos. 2016. “Technical Problem Based E-Language Instruction for Vocational Students.” International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences –IJHSS 5(1):1-22.
- Papantoniou, Eleni, and Thanasis Hadzilacos. 2016. “Web Based Technical Problem Solving for Enhancing Writing Skills of Secondary Vocational Students.” Education and Information Technologies 1-29. doi:10.1007/s10639-016-9520-y.
- Papantoniou, Eleni, and Thanasis Hadzilacos. 2016. “Electronic Pedagogical Design for the Introduction of Professional Writing and Communication as an Alternative Language Instruction Course in EPA.L (Professional Lyceum).” Paper presented at the 1st National Conference on Curricula – School Manuals: From the past to present and future, Athens, March 4-6.
- 1999 – present. In-service teacher trainer in the fields of language curriculum, language teaching and learning, and Information and Communication technologies application in Humanities
- 2000 – present. Adult educator in the fields of the basic principles of adult education and basic computer skills
- 2000 – present. Secondary education school teacher for the Greek language, History and Civilization
- 2014 – 2015. External collaborator of the Greek language center (KEG-Greece)